So nice to meet you! I can’t believe you’re here. I said goodbye to 2014 with a nice, low-key family party, but now I’m ready for you. I did thank 2014 for successes and learning hard lessons from failures (just in case he asks you.) You know 2015, it feels like you are a clean, unblemished canvas, fresh snowfall without a single footprint yet. There is such newness to you, such promise, like a newborn baby.
No offense, 2015, but I am not a New Year’s resolution person as I’m sure you already know. I resolve to make changes in any one of your twelve months. There are a few new things I want to start and old goals I want to continue. Can I tell you about them 15? Do you mind if I call you 15? 2015 sounds so formal, and I feel like I know you already. So, 15, as I was saying, about those new things I want to try and things I want to continue. Here they are in no particular order:
- I want to try snowshoeing during one of your winter months and face my fear of cold weather.
- I want to try an exciting new fitness class that will make me sweat!
- With segues nicely into my next new thing. I want to try Socasize with my friend Andrea who is a regular Socasizer. It looks like such an energizing workout. I have not seen Andrea in ages, so this will be a fun thing for us to do together.
- Don’t laugh at me 15. I know I have said this over and over again, but I want to drink less wine and caffeine. I really want to incorporate more green tea in my drinking life and much less Shiraz.
- I want to start affirming positive thoughts again. I really was on a role there, but then I stopped. I used to affirm health, inner peace and financial prosperity everyday after my prayers. I know it worked because I felt less worrisome and more at peace. Remember that time when I was walking down Bay Street and I found $200 dollars wrapped in a slip of paper? It was during my affirmation stage. I waited around for someone to come back and claim it, but nobody did. I told my sister Karen about finding the money and she said it was passed on to me for a reason. (which made me feel better about keeping it and buying strappy sandals that afternoon.) That way I could imagine it was a Bay street legal eagle’s stash to take his mistress out on a date, and not a poor old lady’s grocery money.
- I want to run again and start training for another little race. I had so much fun at the Santa shuffle last year, that I want to do it again. Hopefully Lisa and I can start training again after work.
- I want to join a good bible study to learn more about The Word.
- I want to go on a Yoga retreat.
- I want to buy a bike and hit the happy trails. Finally 15….
- I WANT TO DO ONE UNASSISTED PULL-UP during your year!
I am ready to embrace new things and see what the future holds. I’m excited, delighted and ignited for your arrival 2015!
If you wrote to “15”, what would you say?