Alice Cooper’s end of the academic year anthem is, “Schools Out for Summer.” Friday was my last official day of work until September. Many parents are thinking, what am I going to do with you guys for two months? I am thinking about the same thing for myself. So I have devised a little sizzling, summer to do list. God willing, these are my plans:
- Head to Mexico on July 9th, where I plan to down buckets of Tequila. Just joking, only one bucket. Ok, ok, I may have one shot for old-time sake. I was going to take a week off from the workout regime, but the beaches are too gorgeous not to run on. Mostly my feet will be buried in the sand though. Hopefully I can meet this little lady for a run while I’m there on one of the many trails.
- Visit the Farmer’s market often for fresh, local produce. There are many to choose from in and around the city. This one is just across the street from where I live.
- Be a tourist in my own town and add some culture and art into my life.
- Spend time with lovely friends and family. So many plans made, so much time now.
- Keep up with Tenille’s wonderful Yoga sessions (post on this topic soon to come.) How can I sum up how I feel after her classes? Powerful and serene. Thanks, Tenille.
- Read more. My current book.
- Hill runs with this little lady
- Discover and explore more of nature’s trails
- Arrive early at the gym for my workout to avoid procrastination. I am one of the worst procrastinators when time is on my side
- Try more restaurants in and around the city:
- Sample a new wine (it’s all apart of my weaning technique.) :
- Go to the panyard with Andy as the big bands get ready for Toronto’s Caribbean Festival as well as attend other cultural events.
Happy summer. It goes by pretty fast in these here parts so I better make the most of every minute of it before the first spotted orange leaf falls to the ground. I will try not to think about that right now though.
What are your sizzlin’ summer plans?
Toronto Caribbean Festival (official banner photo from website.)
Salsa on St.Clair (official banner photo from website.)