Greetings all. Hope you are enjoying this fine weekend. Toronto is sunny, balmy and I can smell a slight hint of spring in the air. (Despite the fact more snow is on the way 😦
On a whole other topic, I just purchased my first bottle of organic apple cider vinegar from the local health food store. I have been suffering from a terribly itchy scalp lately, as well as breakouts and blemishes on my cheeks and jaw line. I have suffered from breakouts since my early teens, but the itchy scalp is a recent ailment. Reading all about the wonders of ACV, I decided to give it a try. For my acne, I simply use an over the counter vanishing cream which contains benzoyl peroxide. It hasn’t been working very well and my skin is not responding to the cream any longer. I have seen a difference in my skin since eating more fruits, vegetables, and drinking a liter or more of water each day, but these blemishes that are left behind on my face once the pimple starts to heal make me feel very self-conscious. According to my research, the ACV is said to:
- Regulate the skin’s natural PH balance bringing a natural glow and clarity.
- Exfoliate the skin to remove dirt and bacteria when used as a natural toner after cleansing.
- Decrease scalp itchiness, dandruff and other scalp conditions by killing fungus.
1. A scalp treatment with a 1/4 cup of purified water and 1/4 cup ACV. I sprayed it all over my scalp, by parting my very thick hair into sections and massaged concoction into scalp. Wrapping my head in a towel, I waited for 20 minutes before rinsing out and then shampooing.
Result: My scalp felt tingly and looked clean as heck! Also, I’m not scratching as much. Although, I did smell like a pickled onion. Oh well, a small price to pay for wellness.
2. The next concoction was a facial toner. After cleansing face and patting dry, I applied 1 part ACV to 4 parts purified water. (these parts were tablespoons.) I read that because the ACV is very acidic and may be too harsh for some skin types, it’s best to start off with just 1 part ACV and much more water.
Result: I woke the next morning, and my skin did appear a tad more even toned and less blemished.
Although it has only been two days in, I can see the difference in my complexion, and I feel less urges to scratch my scalp. My late aunt Joyce swore by the stuff, and she would even drink it diluted with a glass of warm water each day.
I shall report back with more results in a few weeks.
Does anyone else have natural remedies for all that ails you?